Monday, April 25, 2016

Just Another Madlock Monday

Actually, this is the first (and probably only) Madlock Monday but who doesn't like a good song pun?

At any given time, I feel like I have a bazillion side projects within my overall umbrella of being a Cubs collector. One that's been on the back burner was trying to get all of the Topps All-Star Rookie Cup cards signed. Well, I guess everything has technically been on the back burner lately, haha.


Paul of Wrigley Wax recently did a write-up on all of the Cubs players with this honor with the recent additions of Kris Bryant and Kyle Schwarber in 2016 and another one from a few years back with Cubs from the "missing years" when Topps named the teams but neglected to put trophies on the cards. And here's the Wiki list of each year's teams.


Sometime before my hiatus, I had picked up a very nice copy of Bill Madlock's 1975 Topps card that showcased his All-Star Rookie Team honors. Sharp corners, nicely centered.


1975 Topps #104 Bill Madlock

And when an autograph appearance came up, I sent in my card to be signed. Not only that, but I knocked off my ATCRCS card too.




I mostly remember Madlock as a Pirate and Dodger, but as the blog title used to say before it was shortened says, Once a Cub...Always a Cub.


And speaking of which, he also joins my collection through my Ivy niche collection with those teams.


1981 Donruss #252 Bill Madlock
 
1987 Fleer #445 Bill Madlock

3 comments:

  1. Trading Madlock was one of the dumbest things the Cubs have done. Your ATCRCS card looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATCRCS series of cards is always a treat and a textbook example of less is more - love the Madlock!

    ReplyDelete