Friday, July 12, 2013

First Pitch Friday - Patrick Sharp

The Cubs have had a slew of Chicago Blackhawks throwing out first pitches lately. I don't follow hockey as much, is there some kind of tie in? I kid, of course.

While cards for those players will show up eventually, I do have one today from an appearance by a Blackhawk last season, Patrick Sharp.


I was kidding about not knowing about the Stanley Cub victory but only a little bit about not watching hockey. Where I live, the talk is all Caps, Caps, Caps and Ovie so I don't know much about the Blackhawks aside from two recent titles. I recognize names like Sharp and Kane and Coach Q and probably others if I heard them, but couldn't tell you why Sharp played almost as many playoff games as regular season games this past season. Injury? How many games did they lose to the strike or lockout, whatever it was?

Either way, Patrick Sharp threw out the first pitch on September 2, 2012 in a game between the Cubs and the San Francisco Giants.The Cubs lost to the Giants 7-5 with, not surprisingly, Carlos Marmol taking the loss after giving up two runs in the 9th.

2 comments:

  1. Love the card. Yes, Sharpie was injured for much of the shortened season. I did have a feeling he'd come up big in the playoffs, which he did, leading the team with 10 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I get a copy of this? Thanks very much.

    lynnesalak@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete