Thursday, February 6, 2014

Customs

I've been spending a lot of time on the other blog lately but during my break, I was playing around with some customs. They're all variations of each other and kind of evolved. I don't know if these are contenders for my 2014 Cubs team set or not but I was hoping to get some opinions on them. Thanks.

These started out with grey-ish/metallic backgrounds but they ended up looking more like tombstones with all the fancy stuff.


More of the black and white background, position and jersey number on the bottom.


Less of the black and white background, position and jersey number moved to the top.


Same one as above but the team name and swirly thingy switch places.

Any ideas, critiques, comments are welcome. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I think I like aspects of all of them. I prefer the backgrounds of the second two, but the top portion of the first one. I would suggest to stay with the lighter background, remove the swirly thingy from the top, remove the swirly thingy from the bottom too (a little too busy), center team name about the middle of the area where swirly thingy and team name were. Maybe move position and number inward a little so they aren't pressed into the "corner" (not sure if they'll look better top or bottom after changes). I like the look of the card overall though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love that design, especially with the position and jersey # in the upper corners. Very good use of space.
    I'm not sold on the swirly thingy at the top, but I like it at the bottom. We get to see more of the player when it's not present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I have to disagree with the other comments. I like the swirly thingy (That is the official name of it, right?). Otherwise the player's name would be crammed into the bottom. It provides nice spacing. I like all of them but if I had to choose it would be #2. Nice work, can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cards look great.
    Different, very old schoolish, in a way.
    I prefer the first player pic, with the wider background, and the layout of the second card.
    Like P-town says, the moving the position and number to the top corners is great design. I like how the bottom swirly thing on card #2 separates the player name from the team name, although the 3rd card still looks fine with it underneath both.
    Great job on these.

    ReplyDelete