Monday, March 19, 2018

Mailday Monday - eBay Deals

Over the course of last week, I received quite a bit in the mail.

Obviously, the biggest purchase was my 2018 Topps Opening Day case.


I'm only seven boxes in to this twenty-box case so I have some good ripping ahead of me. I'm pulling a full base set in each box and I've already successfully pulled two full master sets (200-card base set, 80 inserts) so I'm slowing the pace to enjoy the ride. There are still a handful of cards in each box that will be new to me so I'm not bored at all.

I'm giving quite a bit away on my other new blog which focuses on this product so please check it out and give it a follow. There's a welcome post from yesterday that explains the giveaways and the first card posted will go live at 6PM EST tonight.

Also, a week or two ago, eBay had a 20% off anything sale. Normally it is restricted to certain categories, but this one had very few limitations. I've had an item in my Watchlist since the holidays that is going to be a gift for my girlfriend. Eventually I would have pulled the trigger but I was waiting for eBay bucks or maybe even a drop in price. But with a 20% sale, there was only one thing to do.


So I added a few other things PC items to my cart and spent what I was saving on the bigger gift. They've been trickling in and I'll probably have a few more to show next week.


Leading off is the newest card in the Ivy collection, a 1973 Dave Roberts. This card surpasses the 20+ cards out of 1981 Donruss as the oldest in the collection, making the newest oldest card. Ha.


There were several additions to the I Was There collection beginning with this SP Photo Variation out of 2017 Stadium Club. Ten Cubs had photo variations showing them at the World Series victory parade. One down, nine to go.


A trio of John Lackey parallels will also slide into the I Was There binder. Left to right we have Black (/67), Independence (/76) and Vintage Stock (/99). Down to just needing Memorial Day Camo and 1/1's for this one!


Adding the Independence Day Jose Quintana leaves me chasing just the Father's Day Blue, Memorial Day Camo and any 1/1's.



Tracking down this Jon Lester wraps up the Toys R Us Purple Parallels for the I Was There PC. I'll add the rest of the Cubs if I get a chance at a decent deal but I'm fine if I don't.


And last but not least, something for the Ryne Sandberg PC. This is the Black parallel of the 1983 insert, numbered out of /299.

Unfortunately, with the excitement of the Opening Day case, I forgot to update my counter in the sidebar for these additions. I'll make sure these are fixed by next week.

4 comments:

  1. 1973 oldest Ivy, hmmm. Colorful post for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some older ones I've seen (1961 Topps Checklists, for example) but this is now the oldest I've got.

      Delete
  2. Independence Day parallels? Those are pretty sharp!
    Congrats on securing one of the Stadium Club WS variations. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably my favorite parallel. Really goes well with Cubs colors and easier to spot that some of the others.

      Delete