Monday, April 9, 2018

Mailday Monday

Another light mail week, but I've been saving what little card money I have set aside for the big local card show this past weekend. I'm still scanning and cropping all of that loot so stayed tuned for those later this week.


First up is a black and white parallel of this year's Jose Quintana Gypsy Queen card that is limited to 50 copies. In light of some of the terrible parallels offered this year, this is one of the least worst. Yay? As I mentioned a few weeks ago when GQ came out, this one will slide into the "I Was There" collection because Topps keeps picking photos taken from his first Cubs start in Baltimore.


I haven't been quite as vigilant in picking up the Throwback Thursday cards as I have the Topps Now, but I've been trying to catch up a bit when I see a good deal. For those making a custom documentary/Now custom team set, this might be a good set to mimic?


Three down, seven to go on the World Series Parade short print parallels from last year's Topps Stadium Club. The well seems to be drying up on these so I try to grab them when I can. Anthony Rizzo is a big one to snag, second to probably only the Kris Bryant.


While I have been lax in grabbing the Throwback Thursday cards, I did pick up the second week trio of cards from Topps' newest money grab venture, the Living Set for the Ian Happ card. Surprisingly, these are holding their value and then some on the secondary market. With Judge and Ohtani out of the way, I'm not sure how much that will hold up week to week though.


The other two from the set were Nick Markakis and Rhys Hoskins. 

3 comments: