Saturday, January 25, 2014

Welcome 2014!

I know I'm a few weeks late welcoming the new year, but if you read my post from yesterday, you'd understand.


However, I'm not just welcoming the year, I'm also celebrating the arrival of 2014 Topps. Because not only am I coming off a nearly two month break from this blog, but I'm jumping in full steam with a second. I teased it a little before, but essentially I will be breaking down each card from the 2014 Topps set, much like I have done with Cubs cards from last year. I still have to do the Cubs from 2013 Update so you'll likely see a little bit of cross promotion over the next month or so.

The new blog, the simply named The 2014 Topps Blog, is live now with a welcome post that goes into much more detail on what you can expect. The set officially releases on Wednesday but I've seen a couple of posts already that suggest it is available now. I have a busy day of errands but I'll be sure to do a local search and if possible, buy a couple of packs, or maybe even a blaster to get the scanning and research started while I wait for my pre-ordered set to come in. Please check out the blog as I'll be running a contest for followers, too.

As for Once a Cub, despite my hiatus and the new blog, I remain committed to providing near daily content here as well. Between the Cubs as a team, their baseball cards and the customs that I make, I should have plenty of ideas for posts. Of course, it helps to have had a few weeks off and Spring Training right around the corner.

I have a bunch of stuff in the draft folder, so I'll go finish off a few posts now. It's good to be back!

1 comment: