Tuesday, February 18, 2014

1991 Topps Desert Shield Mark Grace

A couple of weeks ago, I showed off some Mark Grace cards I had gotten signed with a little help during the Arizona Fall League. That reminded me that I hadn't yet picked up one of his Desert Shield cards for my set. A quick search around the web to my favorite card sites netted me this beauty.


I'm being pretty particular about condition on this set but this one came with four sharp corners and is very nicely centered. I'll take it!

One of my goals for 2013 was to complete the set and get a couple signed. I'm only about 2/3 of the way to completing the set but I did double about what I expected to get signed.


I'm not sure if Paul from Wrigley Wax has looked at the back of this card recently, but maybe Gracie has a candidate for next year's Flick Friday lineup? The Dutch Card Guy probably wouldn't be as interested though as you'll see in this clip from Taking Care of Business with Jim Belushi.


The synopsis of the movie doesn't seem to revolve much around baseball so this scene might be it. I'd have to watch the clip a few more times to catch all the cameos. Joe Torre is the announcer. Bert Blyleven is on the mound. The dugout scene is quick so I don't know if those are players or actors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment