Wednesday, January 31, 2018

And The Chase Is On...Send Help!

My favorite card of 2017 was a simple base card that attracted my attention because I was at the game where the photo was taken. Anybody reading this blog probably knows 2018 Topps is hitting shelves now and after a litte photo research, I have already found four(!) cards from games I attended. I only went to six games!

I've picked up a base team set but am asking you to keep me in mind if you see any of the parallels for these cards.


The Jose Quintana is from that same game as his 2017 Update, his Cubs debut in Baltimore on July 16, 2017.


John Lackey's card is from a Nationals night game on June 28, 2017. This is the first game I took my girlfriend to and showed her my Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch side (even though she survived the 2016 World Series with me).


The Lester is from the next afternoon, June 29, 2017 a getaway day game I attended with my dad.


So is this combo card featuring Anthony Rizzo and Bryce Harper. I'm not sure how expensive this one will get. It's a checklist card which might not draw much attention, but at the same time its two of the bigger stars in the game.

There are some player breaks on eBay I may join if the prices don't get crazy but if you pull any parallels yourselves, please please please keep me in mind. I still need to go through the cards for the Orioles, Nationals and Marlins to see if there any in there.

Last minute EDIT: I picked up a hanger box on my way to work. All my non-Cubs will be up for grabs. Will be posting the inserts on Twitter on my lunchbreak (1PMish EST), but if you want specific base, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing more cards here than what was previously online makes me lament that liquid-wave thing even more. The design would be pretty awesome without it. That Rizzo-Harper (or Harper-Rizzo, if one is inclined to be a Nationals fan) card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the RIZZO-harper card is amazing. Hadn't seen that one yet!

    ReplyDelete