Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Let It Snow

Here in Northern Virginia, school kids had a 2-hour delay today for what amounted to a light dusting. I didn't see it as a Wrigley Wax post who is so good about picking up team sets so I figured its a perfect day to knock out the Cubs team set from Topps' 2017 Holiday line.


This team set ran me a couple of bucks and free combined shipping from the same seller as the Jose Quintana Printing Plate I showed a few days ago. As far as the set goes, it wasn't something I was exactly seeking out but when I got such a good deal on the Plate, I wanted to show my appreciation and looked through his other wares.








The Cubs had 11 players in the set, 8 everyday players and 3 starting pitchers. The biggest omission is catcher Willson Contreras, followed by Javier Baez. I'm obviously very biased because I don't think any of the other players should be cut from the checklist either. But for a 200 card set, the Cubs were already near double the average allotment.

No comments:

Post a Comment