Wednesday, January 24, 2018

One Card Team Set - 1993 Milk-Bone Super Stars

Clearing out the draft folder again with a quick post.

I think most of us try to maximize shipping costs when ordering cards online. Last year I bought several dozen cards for my Ivy collection through Just Commons (now Cardbarrel.com if you didn't get the memo) and Sportlots. One of my go to moves when I am ready to check out is to fill my order out with Cubs from oddball sets if possible. I'd search for Sandberg, Grace, Dawson, etc to look for stuff I needed.

For one particular seller, I had to go all the way down my list to Joe Girardi and I stumbled across this Milk-Bone Super Stars set from 1993.


Now by 1993, Joe Girardi had been taken away from the Cubs by the Rockies in the 1992 expansion draft. Most of his 1993 cards show him on the Rockies, though some are still Cubs cards. This one appears to be anybody's guess.



Licensed by the MLBPA, but not MLB, there are no team logos or names to be found. Not even a Chicago (NL) or Colorado designation. Zistle lists this as a Cubs card. Tradingcarddb and Beckett both have it as a Rockies card.

Because the player photo used on the front shows him as a Cub though, I added it and am keeping it for my Cubs collection.

If you like puppers and/or awesome 90's fashion, check out the rest of the 20-card set!


1 comment:

  1. I actually just secured a copy of this card from ARPSmith! Thanks for the link to the full set.

    ReplyDelete