Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ATCRCS #50 and Post #300

I'm a numbers guy so when I celebrated my one year bloggaversary a little bit ago, I was saddened to see I hadn't even done 300 posts. I knew I took some time off in the fall but didn't realize how much. I even missed a couple of non consecutive days back in January but I've been on a pretty good run these past few months. But then again, it is always easy to find something to write about when the season is in full swing and there's new cards to write about.

Anyway, in case you couldn't tell by the title, I've timed this 300th post to coincide with my 50th signed ATCRCS card. Brendan Harris is currently with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and this card came courtesy of the same helper as Scott Downs from last week. 


Harris played in only 3 games for the Cubs back in 2004 so the posed photo is probably from a Spring Training photo day. At the trade deadline, he was part of a four team trade that sent him to the Montreal Expos and brought Nomar Garciaparra and Matt Murton to the Cubs from the Red Sox.

The autograph isn't much more than B ~~ H~~ with his jersey number. I thought it looked more like a 22 but he never wore that in the pros so it is probably the #20 he currently wears with the Angels. He wore #19 with the Cubs but I don't hold not signing that numbers against him though, as according to his Baseball Reference page, he has worn 9 different numbers with 6 different teams (7 teams if you count the Nats and Expos separately). Probably tough to keep track.

I will say, however, that his signature has deteriorated a little since I obtained the following autograph TTM from Harris back in Spring Training of 2003. You don't too many of these every-letter-of-the-name autographs anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment