Friday, May 6, 2016

¿Por Qué No Las Dos?

In an effort to organize my two attempted frankensets, I've been doing some sorting, scanning, cropping and cataloging. As I went through the box, this Old El Paso commercial came to mind on multiple occasions.



The little girl's catch phrase is something I say quite often, when given the option between two things. I even do the cheerful celebration after I say it. It started funny, went to borderline obnoxious, and in my opinion, swung all the way back around to funny again.

And in case you couldn't put two and two together, after going through the box a little more thoroughly, I had a small stack of cards that fit into both my Ivy Collection and my Horiztonal Collection. Soooo......

¿Por qué no las dos?

YAAAAYYYYY!

In hindsight, I should have posted this for Cinco de Mayo. Oh well!

I don't have anywhere near enough to attempt a third separate frankenset made up of these but I'll be pulling them separate into their own sub-sub collection for now. I've come across 18 of them so far (two full binders pages, woohoo!) and here are the first five. The rest will show up evenually.

1992 Topps Stadium Club #514 Kal Daniels

1993 Upper Deck #71 Anthony Young

1993 Upper Deck #297 Moises Alou

1993 Upper Deck #356 Marquis Grissom

1994 Collector's Choice #67 Dave Burba

1 comment: