Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Tony Campanas?!?!

Yes! More Tony Campanas. Ok, so most of you aren't as excited by this guy as I am. But hopefully, you guys can relate on the same level of adding more cards to a player collection.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was not able to end up going to the National that was bascially right around the corner from my house this year. But what to do with the money I had been saving for just that purpose? Most of it is being tucked away for either a Cubs Caravan trip or a Spring Training trip. But I did allow myself some instant gratification too that I'll show off as things arrive in the mail.

First up is an oranged bordered parallel from the 2012 Topps factory sets. These are limited to 190 of each card and mine is number 016. This is my 8th version of this card to go along with the base, red, blue, black, gold sparkle, black printing plate and blank back. (Spoiler Alert: Minis on the way!)

2012 Topps Orange Factory Set Parallel (016/190)

This next group came in one lot along with a few other Campana cards that I already had. I have no doubt that I tremendously overpaid for the lot but I didn't want to lose out. In my defense, I did talk the buyer down to 25% of his original asking price.

I didn't realize it until I had it in my hand but the black border card is #41/60. During the 2011 season, Campana wore #41 so this is one of those eBay 1/1's. Nice!

2011 Topps Update Black Border (41/61)

I could have sworn I already had one of these gold bordered cards but for the life of me, I can't find it. So luckily one was included in the lot.

2011 Topps Update Gold Border (1322/2011)

And this card was the reason I went against all better judgment and paid what I did. The Platinum 1/1. A nice addition to any player collection if I do say so myself. This is my 4th Tony Campana 1/1 to go along with 2 printing plates and a blank back.

2011 Topps Update Platinum Border (1/1) 
These 3 cards are parallels # 7, 8 & 9 of this card. Only need the remaining 3 printing plates.

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive with all of the 1/1s you've snagged. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on one....yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have two things going for me. They've more or less been spread out over time so they didn't hurt as much as they could have.

      And while I do have a Ryne Sandberg collection with a couple of 1/1's, Tony Campana is no Sandberg. Or, in your case, he's not even Darwin Barney.

      It's does get a little frustrating chasing multiple 1/1 variations of the same card (4 printing plates, blank back, platinum, etc). Dang OCD.

      Delete