Friday, August 17, 2012

ATCRCS: First Pitch Friday - Andy Richter

This week's First Pitch Friday card goes to Team Coco sidekick Andy Richter. I don't nearly as much TV as I used to, but back in the mid-to-late 90's, I'm sure I watched Late Night with Conan O'Brien a couple of times per week. It wasn't necessarily appointment TV but it was pretty funny. I seem to remember a lot more skits in addition to a younger, hipper group of interviewees compared with other late night talk shows. I could just be making that up but perception is reality, right? And that's how I remember it



The early to mid 00's are a bit of blur, pop culture wise and I had 2 young children and was working 2 jobs in addition to a little bit of college here and there. I know Richter left Conan's show after a while to try some stuff on his own. I couldn't tell you what he did afterwards but he eventually came back when Conan replaced Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. Personally, I think he would do pretty well as a game show host. After bantering back and forth with Conan and guests for years, I'm sure he's pretty good with the witty quips and corny jokes and puns required.

Richter was raised in Illinois and I'm sure he was promoting some kind of local comedy show or appearance when he showed up to make the ceremonial first pitch. Below is a quick pre-first pitch interview along with the actual pitch.




No comments:

Post a Comment