Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trade with My Cardboard Mistress

A few weeks ago, Adam (aka Spankee) over at My Cardboard Mistress posted about breaking a hobby box of 2010 Upper Deck. Coincidentally, I had picked up a few dozen packs as my free gift from Dave and Adam's Card World when I made large purchases for my group box breaks. I asked him to contact me when he was done sorting through his dupes and needs and a trade was born.

His package arrived over the weekend and mine is on its way to him right now. Adam took good care of my Want Lists from a couple of different 2012 sets. What I am about to show doesn't do the package justice but these are among my favorites.


A handful of Gypsy Queen (remember that set?) The reason I'm showing the Ryne Sandberg should be obvious but why Storen, Ackley and Beltre? The other 6-7 cards were all National League Central rivals. What are the odds of that? So they get the nod.


There were two cards from Archives so I figured I'd show them both even if one is on the Brewers. I'm down to my final 9 from the base set so if you think you can help, let me know!


Between Bowman and 1st Bowman Cards, there were easily 50+ in the package. That made a huuuuge dent in my Want List. Featured above is former Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly and former Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs pitcher (where Ryne Sandberg was his manager) Vance Worley. Kind of a big stretch to tie it in but hey, he's got a cool name too.


A couple of Carolina League veterans. Ian Gac is shown with the Braves although he did not play for the Lynchburg Hillcats. In fact, he was a member of the Winston-Salem Dash (White Sox affiliate), won the Carolina League MVP award in 2011 but was released? Matt Purke and Zach Walters have both played for my local team, the Potomac Nationals. 


And finally a couple of Cubs prospects. I don't know much about these guys yet but I wish them the best. Dillon Maples recently started playing for the AZL Cubs and has only pitched 2.2 innings in 2 appearances so far. Richard Jones is playing for the Daytona Cubs and has played in 59 games this season.

Thanks for the trade Adam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment