Saturday, November 10, 2012

Don Zimmer Desert Shield

I recently picked up this card in anticipation of a Don Zimmer private signing that fell through.

Don Zimmer, 1991 Topps Desert Shield

He doesn't make very many appearances that I've seen so I was planning on going all in on this signing. I have all of his regular Topps cards (with the Cubs, none of that Dodgers junk), a bunch of photos, separate player and manager ATCRCS cards, a Manager of the Year 8x10 I was going to start and also get signed by Jim Frey and Lou Piniella, plus a few other magazines and other pieces of memoribilia featuring Popeye.

Have I mentioned that I grew up with and am a big fan of the Boys of Zimmer??? Haha. I'm not exactly sure what happened with the signing, but I hope there will be another opportunity in the near future.

Anyway, I have about a dozen others from the team set and there are a bunch on eBay at any given time, but I am being very particular about this collection in terms of condition and centering. So this makes 5 officially in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment