Monday, November 5, 2012

Lee Smith

Like the Aramis Ramirez autographs from the other day, these from Lee Smith were acquired during my short hiatus from the blog. A very trusted and highly recommended member, RIFON from over on Sportscollectors.net often takes items to his local sports card shows to get autographed. And being he lives in the New York/New Jersey area, there are a bunch of shows in his area. I have used his help before and every time, my items come back perfect.

When I saw that RIFON was taking items for a mere $10 for this former Cubs great, I jumped at the chance. Hall of Famer? Maybe. He did retire as the all-time saves leader, although that record has since been broken by Trevor Hoffman and more recently, Mariano Rivera. I hate to see the way he bounced around at the end of his career and never really had much postseason action, let alone success. Maybe with all the PED era guys coming up for HOF election, Smith will see his numbers come up from  ~50%.

Lee Smith ATCRCS

And also like Ramirez, Smith was a two-time All-Star with the Cubs ('83 & '87), therefore earning his way into my signed Ice Cream Helmet collection as well.

Lee Smith Ice Cream Helmet
Not sure if I could have gotten a certified Lee Smith autographed card for cheaper but I really do enjoy my unique collection of custom card and cheesy ice cream helmets!

No comments:

Post a Comment