Thursday, November 1, 2012

Aramis Ramirez

I think yesterday's post was the start of some regular contributions again. I've jotted down some post ideas and I'm hoping this will keep me busy while I wait for Spring Training. It's just around the corner, right?

I've been holding this one since mid-Septemberish. Aramis Ramirez was doing a signing up in the Milwaukee area towards the end of the regular season and a member over on Sportscollectors.net was offering to help out by taking some items for others.
Aramis Ramirez ATCRCS
I tend not to make active players for this set, especially the backs, because of the off chance there will be somebody like Koyie Hill who will come back to the team and add to their Cubs stats. But I felt the price was reasonable for someone of his caliber and I have heard Ramirez can be a tough autograph to get so I figured I'd nab him while I could. 


As you can see above in the blurb, Ramirez was an award-winning Cub. One of my growing sub-collections is my selection of autographed ice cream helmets. As a 2x All-Star and 1x Silver Slugger, I thought I'd add him to this collection as well.

While some may think of these of some chintzy items to own, let alone get autographed, I have a sneaking suspicion this collection will eventually be one that is worth more as a whole than each one individually. Especially since they are mostly award winners and have a special place in Cubs history. Not that it'll be for sale in my lifetime. One of these days, I'll post some pictures of how I have these displayed. In the meantime, here is a link to a previous post I did about some in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment