Tuesday, January 1, 2013

But wait, there's more!

No sooner had I declared I was closing out the 2012 Team Set, I found some usable photos for former hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo and bullpen coach Lester Strode.

The Rudy Jaramillo card is like the Len & Bob card I featured the other day, not from 2012. You can tell by the Ron Santo patch on his left sleeve. But it's not like the "real" card companies stick to that so I'm letting myself of the hook. Here he is giving some instruction to Starlin Castro.


This Lester Strode photo isn't of the highest resolution but desperate times call for desperate measures, right? 

 

Plus I like to imagine this photo was taken together with the Dale Sveum card from the same series, which works out nice alphabetically as well.

Anyhow, this really does conclude the 2012 Team Set for quite a while. I plan on going to a couple of Cubs games this season so maybe I can take a usable photo myself of the elusive Andrew Lane, bullpen catcher.

Final tally?

53 Player cards
 8 Coaches cards
 1 All-Star card
 1 Gold Glove card
 1 Len & Bob Announcer card
-----------------------------------
64 cards!!!

Now that the calendar has officially turned over, I can't wait to get started on the 2013 set!

No comments:

Post a Comment