Friday, April 12, 2013

First Pitch Friday - Kevin Nealon

OK, another redesign of the First Pitch Friday line. This is the same as the most recent custom design I've been running with and I like it. It provides the vintagey look of the ATCRCS cards that I like but with the celebrity first pitch craze being a more modern thing, all of the photos are in color which I also like. Also, with a little photo manipulation, the pictures don't have to be as high quality as the second incarnation.

A member on SCN offered to take some items to try to get signed at the recent Michael Jordan Golf Invitational. After looking at the player/guest list, I noticed Kevin Nealon would be there, who I recognized as a previous First Pitch guy for the Cubs. I sent this one in and less than a week later, it was back in my possession.


Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Of all the First Pitch cards I have made to date, this is the first one I've actually gotten signed. I don't have the opportunity to get many celebrities to sign cards in person but I anticipate the uptick in my outgoing TTM requests to include a few of these.

Depending on how old you are, you'll probably remember Kevin Nealon for different things. I associate him with Saturday Night Live, most notably the Hans and Franz skits. More recently, he voiced the title character in Glenn Martin DDS and has played city councilman Doug Wilson for 8 seasons on Weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment