Thursday, April 25, 2013

Les Lancaster

Today's cards are courtesy of the same helper from Spring Training as the Sandy Alomar Sr and Dwight Smith. I sent in cards for Les Lancaster from the two sets I am slowly, but surely making my way through, the 1991 Topps Desert Shield Cubs team set and my ATCRCS set. 


The photo on the ATCRCS card isn't as dark as the scan makes it appear. Lancaster has a unique signature in that it looks like he uses one big "L" for both his first and last names. There also appears to be a giant "C" at the end with a dot inside, although nothing in his name needs to be dotted. 

I haven't had a chance to make a back for the ATCRCS card yet but these are both great additions to the collection because Lancaster was one of the Boys of Zimmer. In 1989, we went 4-2 as a (mostly) middle reliever with 8 Saves and a 1.36 ERA. After managing in some independent leagues for a while, Lancaster is currently a pitching coach in the Phillies organization. 

These cards mark the 45th signed ATCRCS and the 4th signed Desert Shield cards in the my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment