Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Card Show Recap? Part 1

So what do you do when a fellow collector gives you the beat down in a spirited battle of packwars? (His side vs. my side) Well, if you're Ty from over at League Leader in Italics, apparently, you buy him more cards! I mentioned yesterday that I had a pretty busy weekend and didn't get a chance to go to the big local card show. But Ty did and he took my want list and gave it a beat down of its own.

We were talking about the show on Friday at work and I mentioned I probably wouldn't make it. He asked for my Want List, but I figured he might find a handful of cards. After all, most of my Want List is made up of commons to finish off sets. I didn't expect him to dig through boxes for me.

But I guess Ty was looking for some of the same sets as I was because when I came into work on Monday, this stack was on my desk:


As I flipped through the stack, I realized my list was basically done! Now I have to find more Wants!!! I didn't have time to scan them all in yet, but here a few camera phone shots of the breakdowns.

Last 7 from 2013 Topps Series 1
2007 Topps replacements for damaged factory set cards
A good chunk of 2012 Bowman and Bowman Prospects
Last 9 cards from 2012 Archives (base only, still need some SPs)
The remainder of the 2012 Topps Series 2 I needed
A bunch of 2012 Gypsy Queen needs!
There were easily 100 cards in the stack. It probably would have cost me $20-25 with shipping from COMC or Sportlots. But I've been assured that these were dimebox or less and that he didn't spend too much time or money because he got most of them from the same guy who was pretty organized.

I'm pulling my Want Lists tabs from publication until I can reassess what I actually need. Some of these sets are now done but I think there are still some that need a couple.

Ty also managed to pick up a few Cubs cards for me but I'm going to save them for tomorrow. Thanks Ty!

No comments:

Post a Comment