Saturday, November 23, 2013

2013 Topps Opening Day Josh Vitters

As I've been compiling my checklists of haves and needs, I've been also doing quick eBay searches to knock off some one-sies and two-sies when possible. That was the case when I decided I should probably knock off 2013 Topps Opening Day before the 2014 version hits the shelves.

Despite a poor 2012 late season call-up performance for Vitters, the card was double digits in price (with shipping) back when it was released. I'm glad I waited though because I was able to pick it up for just a few bucks.


The photo used was from the same play as the one used on his 2013 Topps Series 2 card, just earlier in the sequence. 

Photo by Brian Kersey (courtesy of Getty Images)

And as I previously mentioned when dissecting that card, I belive this is the Joaquin Arias groundout in the 7th inning of a 6-4 victory over the San Francisco Giants on August 31, 2012.

And for anybody interested, I tacked on these other autographs from the same seller for a pittance. Both are up for grabs. Neither are big names but I have to imagine there is a Rays or Dodgers fan that would be willing to take either off my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment