Friday, February 2, 2018

2017 Topps Jackie Robinson Patch Card #JRPC-ARI Anthony Rizzo

I'm know I'm late to the game on this strategy but during my blogging hiatus I threw out some minimum bids on low priced items and walked away with some decent cards. One such card was the Jackie Robinson Manu-patch card of Anthony Rizzo out of 2017 Topps.



These manufactured cards can be a little hit and miss, but I usually pick up the Cubs anyway if the price is right. This one cost me about $2 shipped, which was too good to pass up. Let this be a lesson to everybody rushing out to buy their 2018 stuff. Sometimes patience pays off.

I like the idea behind this one, celebrating the 70th anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier. However, if I was in charge, I would have put this one out in Update series and used photos from Jackie Robinson Day in 2017. Or if they really wanted to put it in Series 1, use the photos from the year before like they normally do.



A nice shot like this that shows Rizzo's face and sporting Jackie Robinson's #42 would have been perfect.


Instead, we get kind of a lackadaisical batting stance from a game in June.


All in all though, a solid pickup for a really good price.

1 comment:

  1. There's plenty of Cubs blue on that card as it is and the blue alternate jersey almost adds too much. You're right, the home uniform with the #42 would have been a nice touch. Great add for two bucks!

    ReplyDelete