Sunday, February 4, 2018

Repack Sunday

Every once in a while I hit my local dollar store and pick up a few 30-card, $1 repacks. There's hardly anything worth a dollar in these packs but for me, a buck is worth the price of entertainment. A good pack will yield about 10 cards worth mentioning.


The cover card, and only card I could see was this Yonder Alonso card out of Bowman. There's nothing particulaly special about it, but I do appreciate the camo alternate uniforms.


I'll never forget Greg Briley. As a 10 year old, I could have paid $8 for his autograph at a card show in 1989. Instead, I got this guy for the same $8.


Two Cubs cards, nice! I already have these but they are pretty well centered with sharp corners so I'll have to check them against my others to see if they would be upgrades. If the Ivy is that green and full, it's odd that Boskie has the full sleeves and turtleneck going on. Maybe a Septmber game? Will Clark was a guy I loved to hate growing up. Stupid 1989 Giants.


The oldest card in the pack was this 1980 TCMA card of Tony Lazzeri. An early 80's card will routinely fall out of these packs but I didn't expect a TCMA.


Fast forward 34 years to 2014 for the newest card. This one features Ian Kinsler turning a double play. 


The only other card of note to me was this horizontal card of Troy Tulowitzki.

Only seven "notable" cards makes this kind of a dud pack. We'll try again next week.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I snagged 6 of these today soon. I busted them all at once instead of saving them like I should have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repacks I can handle the wait. Current product is another animal!

      Delete