Thursday, March 20, 2014

Calvin Schiraldi

It's been a while since I posted one of these. Mostly because I'm still mad at myself for losing my template on these. But I do have a couple more autographed in the draft folder that I have yet to post.



Calvin Schiraldi joined the Cubs following the 1987 season when he came over from the Boston Red Sox along with Al Nipper in exchange for Lee Smith. While he worked out of the bullpen in Boston, the Cubs converted Schiraldi to the starting rotation in 1988 where he went 9-13 with a 4.38 ERA. He moved back to the bullpen for the 1989 season where he earned 4 Saves despite finishing 29 games. In August of that year, he was traded to the Padres with Darrin Jackson for Luis Salazar and Marvell Wynne.

I'm not thrilled with the photo I used for the card but options were limited and there was a time crunch to get this card made, printed and out in the mail for a private signing. In person, its also not as bright/light as it appears in the scan.

2 comments:

  1. Any status on recovering the data?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. Gotta find the funds because my wife says its not coming out of the family budget. So I'm spending my time adding my collection to Zistle instead looking for new stuff to spend my money on. :)

      Delete