Monday, March 31, 2014

How'd That Get There?! Part 2

As some of you know, I’ve been slowly adding my collection to Zistle. Last week I ran a post call How’d That Get There that featured a pair of cards that made me do a double take and ask myself why they were in my collection.  As you can probably tell by the title, I found another couple. I don’t know that this will be recurring theme, especially once I get through entering my cards but I can at least get a few more posts out of it. Maybe I should have called it My Non-Cubs Cubs Cards.

This is probably one of the more well-known error cards. Or maybe that’s the Cubs bias talking. And that late 1980’s, early 1990’s was my heyday for collecting as a kid.


Keith Comstock is clearly in a Seattle Mariners uniform. He never played for the Cubs so this isn’t some last minute “Traded” card. This is just a flat out mistake by somebody at Topps. One that was eventually corrected.

A card I do not have in my collection
Because it’s an error, it generally doesn’t show up in Cubs team sets, but it will stay in my collection. In fact, I’m almost, kind of, sort of on the look out to add one to my Desert Shield Cubs team set. Maybe. We’ll see.

And for the curious, here’s the back:

No comments:

Post a Comment