Monday, June 9, 2014

Mark Prior Monday - 2006 Upper Deck Star Attractions

A little while back when I broke down Cubs Lot #4, I mentioned a big chunk of Mark Prior cards but I didn't want to show off the nearly 200 different cards in one post. Doing one or a couple at a time will make the scanning and cropping much more manageable. Prior was a big part of the early-mid 2000's Cubs teams when I wasn't collecting so most of the inserts/subsets were new to my collection. I really enjoy learning about sets that I had ever heard of or knew very little about.

2006 Upper Deck Star Attractions #SA-MP Mark Prior
Star Attractions was an insert in Series One and the Update Series in 2006 Upper Deck. The Series One set consisted of 50 cards and had a gold parallel version that was numbered to 699 copies. The Update Series set also had 50 cards but had a silver parallel version that was limited to only 99. This Mark Prior comes out of Series One and is the plain jane regular version.

It looked familiar but it turns out I had a Greg Maddux from the same set. In 2006, Prior was wrapping up his Major League playing career when he went 1-6 with a 7.21 ERA. He played in minor league games as recently as last year though and is currently working in the San Diego Padres front office.


No comments:

Post a Comment