Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Set Help from the Night Owl

A few weeks back Night Owl managed to find some heavily discounted blasters of last season's Opening Day. I know one of the biggest benefits of blogging is working out trades, but sometimes, I feel a little Oliver Twist-y after others rip some packs.


So I refrained from asking for anything. But a few days later, he made another post about having 13 blasters, so surely he could spare some, right? So I held my little bowl out and asked for card #37 as that would complete my 2013 Opening Day base set. I don't know how I got the want list down to just one card but it seems once I got that close, it was out of sight and out of mind.

2013 Topps Opening Day #37 Jurickson Profar
Fast forward to yesterday and a PWE showed up in my mail. With the above Jurickson Profar, my run of Opening Day sets now stretches a whopping three years (2011-2013). And I'm just 6 cards short of 2014. One of these days I'll go back and try to finish the years before the 2010 break as well.


Not only did Night Owl finish off OD for me, but he took some time to dig through my Junk Wax Wants too and found some 1990 Bowman. He got the most for his PWE postage by fitting three cards from the set in the same envelope. Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire are pretty big names and Ben McDonald was too once upon a time. Look at that turtleneck!

Thanks Greg for the help!

And coincidentally, tonight's Horizontal Card Challenge match up will feature a pair of Night Owl's favorite team the Dodgers, so don't forget to check that out at 7PM EST!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm writing about completing a set tonight, too. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete