Wednesday, June 11, 2014

More from 2x3 Heroes

Late last week, I mentioned a bubble mailer from Jeff of 2x3 Heroes fame when I broke down one of the ivy cards from the package. Today I have the rest. 


I used to collect pocket schedules back in the day and have a monster box full of them somewhere. I keep meaning to cull them down to just the Cubs and their affiliates but they are out of sight and out of mind. I believe Jeff sent me one or two of these last year, the Cougars' first season as the Cubs Class A affiliate.


Not only did Jeff find the Paul Runge ivy card from last Friday, but he threw in these three as well. The first two should easy to break down as Topps gets their images from Getty but I look forward to trying to find out more about the Hal Morris pop fly card.


But ivy cards weren't the only niche in the package. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these end up on the Horizontal Card Challenge, especially that front Royals card of Jay Bell.


Jeff also tossed in some cards of the newest Hall of Famer, Greg Maddux. There's always room for the Professor in my collection. As the card on the right says, Winner!


I'm not sure about these, but Jeff seems to think I should add the brick wall cards that indicate Wrigley as well. I could probably do that with these older cards but now that Citi Field in New York has brick, it's not always a gimmee that it is Wrigley. There's probably a distinct difference that I'm missing though.


How about a father-son combo? Too bad Jr. plays in the outfield and not second base. Could you imagine a the Dunstons turning two? 


I think one of these Andre Dawsons may be a duplicate. If that turns out to be true, I may go ahead and actually pop these up for display. I grew up in the "cards are investments" era of the late '80s and early '90s so I don't think I ever did that with these cards.


Last but not least, a Chef Boyardee Ryne Sandberg card. This I definitely have in my collection already but I know for a fact that this will be an upgrade to the one I have, despite the horrible crop job.

Thanks, Jeff for another great package!

No comments:

Post a Comment