Sunday, April 29, 2018

Repack Sunday


Another week, another 30-card $1 repack from a dollar store. 


The cover card was this Sam LeCure rookie out of 2010 Topps. This was from right before I came back to collecting and despite being on a division rival, I've never heard of him.


A trio of catchers in gear. Funny how all of these photos could have been used on unlicensed cards aside from a small patch on Tucker Barnhart's sleeve. Amazing the difference a logo makes for a card. The Barnahrt doubles as the newest card in the pack, from 2016.


The oldest card in the pack was this 1981 Donruss Eddie Solomon. A few weeks ago this would have been an amazing pull for me with the Wrigley Ivy in the background. But since then, I received a bunch of Ivy cards from this set from Daniel of It's Like Having My Own Card Shop when he was clearing out some old sets. Solomon died in a card accident in 1986.


A pair of Hall of Famers, Carlton Fisk and Greg Maddux. The Upper Deck Black Diamond is a very nice card. Surprised to see something like that in a repack.


Speaking of something I don't in repacks very often, there was a Washington National. When these are filled with a bunch of junk wax, I'm much more likely to get Expos. 


Cliff Johnson and Dan Plesac join Maddux as former Cubs from the pack.


As for actual Cubs, Dave Smith is the only rep. A two-time All-Star with the Astros, Smith passed away after a heart attack in 2008.


Continuing the theme of tragic early deaths in this pack, I was still on my blogging hiatus when Roy Halladay passed away. I have a couple of Ivy cards for him, surprisingly from his Blue Jays days and not his Phillies time that have been in my draft folder for a couple of months now.

12/30 cards I found notable. Not too bad.

3 comments:

  1. Love me some repacks with HOFers! The Halladay is nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of Hall of Famers so you can't complain too much with this repack. The fun with these is you never have any idea what you'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly worth a dollar for the fun and variety

    ReplyDelete