Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sandberg Sunday - 2013 Rookie Card Patch

Earlier last week I posted about a trade that netted me the Ryne Sandberg Cut to the Chase die-cut card. And just a few days ago I wrote about a couple of the HOF Cubs inserts I had picked up. And here is my latest Sandberg card for the player collection, a 2013 Manufactured Rookie Card Patch.


Unlike other manu-patch cards, this one I kind of like. It's not just a team logo, but a version of the player's rookie card. They are similar to the silk cards issued the past couple of years for current players if you've seen those. This is probably close to my tenth or so version of the 1983 Topps Ryne Sandberg rookie, so I may have to do a post on all of them soon.

The only other Cubs featured in this set is Ernie Banks. I have a line one of those and will update accordingly. Check out my 2013 Topps Want List page if you have any Cubs parallels or inserts I'm looking for, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment