Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hanger Box of Topps Series 2 Part 2

As I said yesterday, I picked up a second hanger box when I headed over to Wal-Mart in search of a blaster. Unfortunately, the most exciting thing about this box for me were the about 55 new-to-me base cards for my set. Which I'm kind of downplaying but I really do get excited about completing sets.



Another "regular" Chasing History card and four holofoil ones.






Ok, I may have fibbed a little about nothing real exciting in this box. This box's gold card was this spectacular bunting card. I've sent out a couple of PWEs to some bunting collectors, but this one might just be staying with me. I'm a big fan of small ball and while I don't really have a subcollection of these, this is great photography. After finding the Getty Image, and then going to the boxscore on baseball-reference, this sacrifice bunt "drove" in a run. With one out and a 4-1 lead this was probably a safety squeeze rather than a suicide squeeze, but apparently perfectly executed.


Another cool photography card, although I could take or leave the player/team.


Another Making Their Mark card, this time Jason Kipnis.

.

Funny story here. I have no idea who this is. I scanned and cropped it but now that its time to do the write-up portion of the post, I don't have the faintest recollection of who it was and the foil scanned so badly, I can't tell. Looks like Mauer? Oh well.

Update: I didn't want you guys to think I was too lazy, so I did go back and confirm that it is indeed Joe Mauer.


The mini this time around goes to Justin Upton. Meh. Maybe I'm still a little miffed about the Upton Brothers home run party against the Cubs earlier this year, but meh.

And since I picked up the hanger box at Wal-mart, these five blue bordered parallels were included in lieu of five regular base cards. With this selection, I probably would have been happier with the base cards. Not bad cards, just no interest in this particular selection.




Collation was pretty decent too as I only pulled dupes of two players among the 144 cards in the two hanger boxes. Not the most economical way to build a set, but more fun than just buying one.


Any of the cards from the past two days are available with the exception of the Million Dollar Chase cards and the Bryce Harper from yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely Joe Mauer. I'd love to take it off your hands, too...and any "blue" Blue Jays.

    ReplyDelete