Thursday, June 27, 2013

PWE from 2x3 Heroes

How did Jeff from 2x3heroes manage to fit eight Cubs in one PWE? Well, it helps that six of them were split between two cards.  


None of these guys really panned out for the Cubs although Jeremi (Geremi) Gonzalez actually received some Rookie of the the Year Votes in 1997. Still a pretty neat card and one that I did not have.


This Cubs Clubbers card is from right before I got back into the hobby so it is another one I hadn't gotten around to picking up. Since it is from the Heritage set, it is a take on an original Topps card from 1959 that featured Dale Long, Ernie Banks and Walt Moryn. I don't have that card either or I'd show it off.


You might not be able to tell from the scan but this Bowman Chrome card of Chris Carpenter is one of the purple parallels. Nice!


And last but not least is this nice Larry Bowa Fleer card from 1985. While I had this one already, it is a nice upgrade to the one in my collection.

Thanks Jeff!

Edit: I forgot to mention that Jeff also included two pocket schedules from the Kane County Cougars, the Cubs new Class A affiliate. I used to collect pocket schedules back in the day but haven't added a new one in a while. This might spark me to at least pick up some of the newer Cubs and their affiliates.

No comments:

Post a Comment