Saturday, January 27, 2018

Modernizing the ol' Blog

At the beginning of the year, I had set some blogging goals and said I would try to hold myself accountable through semi-regular updates. It's not quite the end of the January yet, but yesterday's post was my 21st of the month. That matches my post total for all of 2017, so I think I'm on the right track.

It feels good to be a bit more active in the blogosphere again, especially with a new baseball season and card releases just around the corner. I have enough post ideas that I can easily average a respectable dozen posts a month, if not more, so I thought I would do a little blog maintenance.

I started with a few Page updates to tabs up top and decided I might need to freshen the whole blog up a bit. I've had the same header for 5+ years now (when the Cubs were a 100 loss team) so I'll be looking to change that up soon. I don't have any real solid ideas yet, but the wheels are turning.


Some of you may have noticed I debuted a new avatar. My old one was just a condensed version of my header so I thought it needed revamping, too. I've added it here on blogger and to my twitter account. OAC is obviously just a Once a Cub acronym and this little logo uses the red, white and blue like the Cubs, though not quite the official team shades. Pretty simple, but I like it. I had always wanted a unique logo to add to my custom cards and if I do get back into that, this just might be it.

I wouldn't say I'm an active twitter user, at least in the output department, but I have begun reading a lot more over there. I've found some new blogs to follow and am always looking for more. If there's anybody out there that I'm not following on blogger and/or twitter, drop me a line.

4 comments:

  1. I like the logo and look forward to seeing what you put together for the header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a big baseball guy but you are of course welcome to follow me at cardboardhistory.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I wasn't following already as I've definitely read your blog before. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Ooooooooooh - I love the new combo mark! The graphic designer in me is actually quite jealous of how well done it is. I might need to develop one for my blog...

    ReplyDelete