Monday, January 22, 2018

2016 Syracuse Chiefs Tony Campana

Just a quick post today as I am about to leave for my weekend trip.

One of my 2018 goals was to catch back up on my Tony Campana PC. He hasn't seen Major League action since 2014 in short stints with the Diamondbacks and Angels but he has still been plugging away in the minors.


In 2016, Campana spent time with the Nationals AAA affiliate, the Syracuse Chiefs. I had hopes he'd get another call-up and I could catch him with the local big league Nats but it didn't pan out as he was released midseason. He did get picked up by the South Siders in a minor league deal, but spent the rest of the season with the AAA Charlotte Knights and was granted free agency afterwards.

I have seen this card off and on since it was released but it was a typically overpriced single minor league card that amounted to about $5 shipped. He's my guy and everything but....

My patience paid off and finally, somebody listed two of them for a starting bid of $.99 and $1 shipped. Not surprisingly, I was the only bidder.

Also, if anybody has a 2012 Blue Prizm Tony Campana card, I am definitely interested. It's the Wal-mart parallel I believe and don't think I have ever seen one.

1 comment:

  1. Tony Campana. He was the true lead-off hitter that never panned out that the Cubs need now. I think that made sense.
    Patience pays off. Well done!

    ReplyDelete