Monday, October 28, 2013

Darrin Jackson

 OK, so as I was going through my draft folder of potential ATCRCS cards to write about and I came across one more former Cub/current announcer with Darrin Jackson. That's it, I swear. Although I'm sure there are others, I just don't have them.

 

Jackson was drafted by the Cubs in the 2nd round of the 1981 amateur draft. Their first round pick that year? Another guy I've already had sign his ATCRCS card, Joe Carter.

Jackson made his MLB debut in 1985, playing in 5 games. He got into 7 more in 1987 but broke through in 1988 to play an even 100 as the 4th-5th outfielder.

In 1989, he was one of the Boys of Zimmer until being traded to the San Diego Padres in late August.

After retiring, Jackson became the color analyst for White Sox games, partnering with "Hawk" Harrelson. Eventually, he was replaced by Steve Stone on TV but moved to radio, alonside Ed Farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment