Friday, May 30, 2014

Kameron Loe

I really intended to hit this past Spring Training hard with my ATCRCS collection. I was going to do some TTM requestys as well as solicit a little help from SCN members who tend to offer their services for both Florida and Arizona locations. But if you recall, I ran into some issues with my laptop, losing all of my customs including the templates. That put some serious brakes on that plan.


I made this Kameron Loe card shortly after his cup of coffee with the Cubs last year. The Cubs selected Loe off waivers from the Seattle Mariners in early April and he proceeded to pitch 8.1 innings over seven appearances with no record and a 5.40 ERA. On May 6, 2013, the Cubs made several roster moves including designating Loe for assignment. He cleared waivers, the Cubs sent him to Iowa but Loe elected free agency instead.

He then split the rest of 2013 with the Braves and their Triple A affiliate in Gwinnett.

I made the card in hopes of snagging him when he came through DC with the Braves but I never made that trip. Loe signed with the Giants for this season and since I already had it printed and laying around, I included it with a small package I sent out to someone helping with Arizona autographs this spring. He didn't make the Giants out of Spring Training but did get picked up by the Royals, where he spent the first six weeks of this season with their Triple A affiliate in Omaha.

He was released last week but was quickly picked up by the Braves again and is currently assigned again to Gwinnett.

I haven't updated my ATCRCS page in a couple of weeks but with a couple of other Spring Training posts coming up, I'll get on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment