Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Whoops! One more from Comatoad

On Sunday I ran a post thanking Duff (AKA Comatoad from over at Bleedin' Brown and Goldfor a package he sent. As I was moving some of my scanned images into their appropriate folders from that post, I realized I left arguably the highlight of the package out of the write up.

Despite being a current Padre, Andrew Cashner as a Cub must not have fit into his collection.


This card from 2010 Topps Finest hit a quadfecta for my collection. As I mentioned Andrew Cashner is shown back from his Cubbie days. Ding! There's an autograph. Ding! Two jersey swatches, each with a pinstripe. Ding!


And when you flip it over to appreciate the backside, you can see in the upper right corner that it is serial numbered out of 499. Ding!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a quadfecta!

The Cubs sent Cashner and a minor leaguer to the Padres in exchange for Anthony Rizzo and another minor leaguer prior to the 2012 season. Cashner seems to be following in Jeff Samardzija's footsteps this season with his low ERA (2.35) but losing record (2-5). The Padres offense has been shutout in four Cashner's nine starts this season.

I vaguely remember being excited about the three young C's coming up in 2010, Andrew Cashner, Tyler Colvin and Starlin Castro. Tyler Colvin has since moved on to the Colorado Rockies and is currently with the San Francisco Giants. Luckily for the Cubs, Castro has mostly returned to his 2010-11 self.

Thanks again, Duff!

No comments:

Post a Comment