Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I had a Two Random Rynos post ready to go today and somehow deleted it. Well, lost half of it and ran out of time to retype it up. So instead, for today just a quick, appropriate post out of my 2018 Topps Opening Day case break.


The Before Opening Day insert set has 20 cards featuring photos from Spring Training. This Anthony Rizzo card shows him sporting the alternate green cap that the teams usually wear for Spring Training games on March 17th for St. Patrick's Day.

6 comments:

  1. I hadnt seen these inserts before. Upon first glance I like them better than the Topps Now cards. Also, I was just reminding myself that the Red Sox made a huge mistake trading Rizzo.

    Happy St Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think each set serves a purpose. I like the idea of a team set like Topps Now as I'm primarily a team collector. But for that price point, a nice 40-man roster would do well as you have a few guys trying to make the Opening Day 25-man roster.

      This one fits perfectly as an insert for Opening Day although maybe making a 30-card set so every team is represented would be cool.

      Delete
  2. Nice Rizzo. Are those inserts case hits? If not, and you get a dupe, keep me in mind!
    Love the green hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, these are more common. I think I have pulled 3 of the Rizzos in the 7 boxes I've opened so far. Will set one aside for you!

    ReplyDelete