Monday, May 20, 2013

Help! I'm suffocating in cardboard!! (Free cards!)

Those who have been following me for a while, know that I've been busting repacks every Sunday for the last couple of months. I've counted at least a dozen and well, I am at a breaking point.

As I open them, I pull out a bunch to scan for the blog post about them. I separate any obvious trade bait and Cubs while the rest get put into a monster box. The scanned ones join them soon after. It's gone from one box to slowly approaching the need for a fourth.

My organization has fallen so far behind that some of you may have noticed I'm behind on my end of trades as well. Part of me wants to hold off and find something "epic" to put in the envelope, but now I have this monkey on my back and want it gone. So, sometime over the upcoming holiday weekend, I'm going to lock myself into the Mattcave (Man Cave + Bat Cave + my name being Matt = Mattcave), catch up on all my outstanding trades and then randomly unleash some bombs. If we've traded before and I have your address, be prepared. If we haven't and you'd like to be considered, email me your address.

The cards included would be from the various repacks, blaster and packs I've opened over the past year or so that I've been posting on this blog. Yes, there's a lot of junk wax but there's also all kinds of brands, oddballs, some inserts and minis (although hits I'm saving as trade bait), and the years range from early '80s to current stuff. There might even be a few from the '70s for some teams.

I do have a few bloggers in mind for certain teams but by no means should that stop you from putting a request in. There's plenty to go around! Consider them custom repacks! Even fellow Cubs fans, I have plenty of dupes there too.

I thought about listing them on eBay in team lots but have to decided to offer them here first. At this point, I don't even care if I get anything in return. I just want the space back! Whatever isn't claimed by week's end, probably will end up on eBay.

I would guess each team has at least 50 cards, some closer to or even over 100. Some of the newer expansion teams aren't necessarily featured as much in the repacks so they won't be as heavily represented.

I haven't touched Gypsy Queen and Bowman this year as self punishment for falling behind. Please help me free up some room so I can keep buying more!

Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. I will gladly take some cards off your hands. Any Dodgers available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have some Red Sox available, I'll take them if you want to get rid of them.
    I sent you an email with my contact info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck. I'll take your Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take some Rangers...and get you back sometime! Workin' on mailing out long overdue trade packages a couple at a time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will take any Giants you have? I will look through my bought repacks and gather up all the Cubs. Email coming your wy in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete