Friday, August 16, 2013

First Pitch Friday - Aimee Garcia


Chicago native Aimee Garcia threw out the first pitch at the Cubs-Reds game on Monday, August 12, 2013. Of course, the Cubs would go on to lose 2-0, but that didn't stop her from being excited about it. I'm not on Twitter much but when I Googled Garcia to find out more, her Twitter account popped up as one of the first couple of results. She tweeted a video replay of her pitch and also a pre-pitch photo with Logan Watkins.

I also learned she participated in Kerry Wood's Wiffle Ball Classic. These are the kind of events that made me wish I lived near enough to attend. They're calling it the first annual, so maybe next year?!?

Garcia currently stars in Dexter. I watched most of the first season before losing access to Showtime and never bothered to get back into it. Maybe I'll see if Netflix has it. But I know her mostly from George Lopez reruns that my kids have been watching on Nick at Nite. Man, when I was a kid, Nick at Nite showed The Monkees. Now its Friends and The Nanny and George Lopez, shows that were on when I was in high school. Getting old...

No comments:

Post a Comment