Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kerry Wood...Oddball?

This isn't much of a post today but I recently looked through my Kerry Wood collection and this card caught my eye.

The 1999 Topps Picture Perfect Kerry Wood card is an insert, not a parallel or a variation. And as far as I know, it came in packs of Topps Series 2 back in 1999. I don't think I can get away with calling a Topps insert card an oddball very often (if at all) but I'm not sure what else to call it. It's just...odd. Anything stick out?


What about now?


I know the Cubs play a lot of day games but when was the last time you saw a pitcher wearing eye black? I guess "mini collection" would be a name for it, if I was going to collect something like that. I've seen lots of mini collections across the blogosphere but I'm not sure I've seen an eye black one. Or any other pitchers with eye black. Anyone? Bueller? Like I said, not much of a post, just something I found interesting on a card.

What about the back, you say? Sure, here you go. 


Ooooh, a quiz! With the answers on Topps card #20. Factoids! Synergy! I don't remember much else about the movie In Good Company except for this scene:


Ok, guys. Open book quiz time. Here's the answer sheet! You should be able to click on it and zoom if you can't read it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never noticed the eye black before. That insert set always seemed like a complete rip off of the 1999 Fleer Tradition design to me.

    ReplyDelete