Sunday, June 10, 2012

2012 Topps Series 2 By the Numbers Part 2


Here's how the inserts fared compared to what was expected, including duplicates.

1987 Topps Minis, 1:4 Packs: 




This a 50 card set picking up where Series 1 left off and numbered 51-100. I expected 27 of these at a rate of 9 per box. By my count, I pulled 26, 19 different and 7 duplicates.  


Career Day, 1:6 Packs:



This insert is new to Series 2 and is a 25 card set. I expected 18 of these and I got all 18. In fact, I pulled 18 different players. Not too shabby.

Gold Standard, 1:6 Packs:



This is another set that continues from Series 1, 25 cards numbered GS26-50. I pulled 18, as expected, with 16 different and 2 duplicates.

Gold Futures, 1:6 Packs:




Again continuing from Series 1, numbered GF26-50. Pulled all 18, 17 different, one dupe.

Cut Above (Die Cut), 1:6 Packs:




A new insert for Series 2, this one features 25 players. I pulled 18, 17 different, one dupe.


Mound Dominance, 1:8 Packs:



This one is also new to Series 2, with 15 players. I pulled 15, better than the expected ratio but only got 13 different, 2 dupes. Missed pulling Phil Niekro and Warren Spahn

Golden Moments, 1:4 Packs:




One of the more frequent inserts. I pulled 27 out of 50 (20 different, 7 dupes). Two of the boxes had several of the same players so collation wasn't great.

Gold Parallels, 1:4 Packs:




Pulled 27 different out for a perfect collation.

Golden Giveaways, 1:6 Packs:




Ten different fronts featured although they all have different codes. Numbering continues where Series 1 left off, GGC11-20. I pulled all 10 different plus 8 dupes for a total of 18.

Golden Moments Relic:




Was guaranteed one of these or an autograph per box and I pulled three of these. 


Silk Collection:




Didn't see a per pack ratio on these but they are numbered to 50. I only pulled one out of the three boxes.

Tomorrow I'll post my personal box break and the list of extras for trading.
Participants in the break will get first dibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment