Monday, June 11, 2012

2012 Topps Series 2 Personal Box Break

As I mentioned before, I wanted to complete this set since I already finished off Series 1. I figured a box would get me most of the way and was hoping to trade for any additional cards I needed from those pulled in my group break.

I purchased this box the day after I placed an order for the 3 from the group break along with a couple of binders and a 2009 Topps Series 1 Hobby box that was on clearance. Since it was shipped separately, I didn't have to choose which 3 to be group and 1 to be mine. While the base collation was horrible in this box (almost 30 dupes after only have having 1 in 3 of the group boxes), the hits were better in my opinion.

 1987 Topps Minis, 1:4 Packs:
 

Bob Gibson (Cardinals), Alex Rodriguez (Yankees), Tim Lincecum (Giants), Ken Griffey Jr. (Mariners), Joe Mauer (Twins), Felix Hernandez (Mariners), Miguel Cabrera (Tigers), Jim Palmer (Orioles), Felix Hernadez (Mariners)

Career Day, 1:6 Packs:

Ryan Braun (Brewers), Johnny Bench (Reds), Roberto Clemente (Pirates), Willie Mays (Giants), Al Kaline (Tigers), Mike Schmidt (Phillies)

Gold Standard, 1:6 Packs:

Joe DiMaggio (Yankees), Willie Mays (Giants), Derek Jeter (Yankees), Mickey Mantle (Yankees), Andre Dawson (Red Sox), Mike Schmidt (Phillies)

Gold Futures, 1:6 Packs:

Jesus Montero (Mariners), Desmond Jennings (Rays), Yonder Alonso (Padres), Dellin Betances (Yankees), Lonnie Chisenhall (Indians), Brad Peacock (A's)

Cut Above (Die Cut), 1:6 Packs:

Roy Halladay (Phillies), Cal Ripken Jr (Orioles), Sandy Koufax (Dodgers), Dustin Pedroia (Red Sox), Cecil Fielder (Tigers), Ken Griffey Jr. (Mariners)

Mound Dominance, 1:8 Packs:

Bob Feller (Indians), Dwight Gooden (Mets), Warren Spahn (Braves), Justin Verlander (Tigers)

Golden Moments, 1:4 Packs:

Tony Gwynn (Padres), Mike Schmidt (Phillies) Paul Molitor (Brewers), Chase Utley (Phillies), Carl Yastrzemski (Red Sox), Steve Garvey (Dodgers), Mariano Rivera (Yankees), Josh Hamilton (Rangers), Ryne Sandberg (Cubs)

Gold Parallels, 1:4 Packs:

Jason Motte (Cardinals), Edwin Encarnacion (Blue Jays), Shin-Soo Choo (Indians), Clint Barmes (Pirates), Joey Votto (Reds), Michael Cuddyer (Rockies), Brandon Inge (Tigers), Martin Prado (Braves), Freddy Sanchez (Giants)

Golden Giveaways, 1:6 Packs:


Kershaw, Jeter, Lincecum, F. Hernandez, Kershaw, Bench, C. Gonzalez

Silk Collection:
James Shields 49/50

Cut Above Relic:

Sandy Koufax 49/50


Here's the video for this break:




Trade stuff coming tonight!

2 comments:

  1. How do you like those die-cut cards? I didn't think that I'd be a huge fan, but I pulled the Halladay and I think it looks sweet, i.e. good enough to keep in a binder instead of putting on the trading block.

    Pretty good inserts, from the Koufax relic to not one, but TWO Padres (Alonso & Gwynn).

    Every time I see those gold parallels, I think of how much cooler the diamond parallels were last year.

    ReplyDelete