Thursday, March 14, 2013

PWE from All the Way to the Backstop

About a week ago when I cracked my one and only Heritage pack, I mentioned that I pulled 3 Padres that were heading out to Marcus over at All the Way to the Backstop. Well, he beat me to the punch. Just a few days later, I opened my mailbox and found a PWE bomb.


After only pulling Darwin Barney in my packs these are Heritage cards 2, 3 & 4 for me this year. I'm not sure where Topps got there photos for these as I couldn't seem to find them as easily as I did the Barney or the flagship cards. Oh well. Anybody recognize the stadium behind Scott Baker?

Marcus managed to fit a couple other cards in the package too. 


I had the base card version of this OPC Aramis Ramirez card but not this black parallel so that was a great addition. If you had asked me if I had the Mark Garce card I would have said yes, but a quick peak into my Cubs binders showed no such thing. It looks really familiar though. I'm going to have to spend some time on my master checklist.


While I have various Cubs playing cards, I did not have this George Bell. It is from an MLB All-Stars set in the early 1990's. I love odd balls like these. The last card, which you probably can't tell from the scan is a Bowman Chrome card from last year of Jorge Soler. I had the base but not the chrome. 

Great envelope, Marcus! Thanks so much!

1 comment: