Sunday, July 15, 2012

A little bit of sorrow....and a kick in the pants...

Since I started my All-Time Cubs Roster Custom Set (ATCRCS), we have lost several members of the Cubs family. The seed for the idea probably hit a month or so before the passing of imminent Hall of Famer Ron Santo. After that, this and several other multi-signed projects were put on hold. What good were these projects going to be if they didn't include one of the greats like Santo?

After the sorrow and frustration subsided a little, I started dabbling with Photoshop enough to come up with some design ideas for the roster set. The plan was to focus on the living players and potentially make custom cut cards for the rest if/when I came across a signed index card or something similar.


These two cards were made prior to their passing (Chambers in January, King just last week). I don't regret not getting their autographs but I do wish I had gotten around to sending a letter of appreciation for their short time with the Cubs.

This latest passing might have been just the kick in the pants I needed to get this project restarted. 

RIP guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment