Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sandberg Sunday - Signed Autobiography

Last week in this space I featured Ron Santo's signed autobiography to honor to induction into the Hall of Fame. This week, I return to the more familiar Sandberg Sunday and will show off my Ryne Sandberg signed book. 

I received this as a present shortly after its release and read it pretty quickly. Which at the time, was unheard of for my age and the fact that it was a nonfiction book. It was published around the time of his first retirement and if I remember correctly really lit into the Cubs organization, Larry Himes specifically. 

I would have to say might be the prize of my collection. No, not the most valuable, but one of my most favorites. Why? It has everything I collect rolled into one!
  • Book? Check
  • Cubs? Check
  • Ryne Sandberg? Check
  • Autographs? Check
There you have it. To me, priceless. And compared to what he gives out now, this signature is a beauty! (Although, to give him credit, I hear he signs an awful lot of autographs as manager of the Iron Pigs.)

Not only all that,  but Harry Caray wrote the forward!

Second to Home by Ryne Sandberg

No comments:

Post a Comment