Saturday, July 14, 2012

Signature Saturday - Willie Banks

When I make my ATCRCS cards, I tend to get into a groove and knock out a whole bunch at once. Or do a whole bunch of fronts. And next time a whole bunch of backs. Now that I've been doing it a while, I have a system in place and aside from finding usable pictures, one of the hardest things is deciding who to make. The Cubs are closing in on 2000 players to have played a game for the team so there are plenty to choose from.

Sometimes the decision is easy and Willie Banks was one of them. Back in December, a user on SCN who goes by rifon, posted a private signing with Banks. After a quick search through the database, I determined that Banks was not a very good TTM signer. AT the time, I was just putting the finishing touches on the layout and figured if I was really going to pursue getting as many of these signed as I could, I needed to jump in on this signing.

While Banks wasn't the first one that I made, it was the first to be returned to me signed. For that reason, and despite his 8-13 record and 6.18 ERA in his 1+ seasons with the Cubs, this Willie Banks card will be a favorite of mine for a very long time. In addition to the ATCRCS card, I also threw in his two Topps cards that featured him as a member of the Cubs with my order.

Willie Banks ATCRCS

Willie Banks ATCRCS Back

Willie Banks 1994 Topps Traded #15

Willie Banks 1995 Topps #470

No comments:

Post a Comment