Monday, May 7, 2012

Mailday Monday

Today is the first installment of Mailday Monday. It was a bit of a slow week but I'm real pleased with my pickups. The first two were separate eBay purchases but will help get the ball rolling on completing the set. There is nothing wrong with the fronts of the cards themselves but apparently my scanner likes to pick up each pixel. The corners and centering are pretty good on both although the border on the Luis Salazar is a little thinner on the top.


Mitch Williams was only with the Cubs for 2 seasons but he falls into that Boys of Zimmer category that I mentioned the other day with Jerome Walton. Luis Salazar is currently the manager of the Lynchburg Hillcats, the Braves low Single A affiliate. They play my local minor league team, the Potomac Nationals, several times a season so I picked this card up in anticipation of going to a game to get it signed.

My third item was actually a card I've had for over 20 years. There was listing over on Sportscollectors.net for a Cecil Fielder signing and this card came to mind instantly. No, Fielder was never a Cub, but since he is on a card with my favorite one ever, it was a no brainer to send in for the signing. I hope to finish it off by adding Sandberg's signature soon. Maybe it's just me, but Cecil seems a lot slimmer than I remember as a kid.


Today's ATCRCS card of the day: Former Cub, current Washington National, Mark DeRosa


1 comment:

  1. Check to make sure your scanner isn't auto sharpening the images.Mine was and it looked bad when the image was expanded.

    ReplyDelete